Michael Hyatt recently posted a blog indicating 10 mistakes bloggers commonly make. 4 of 10 found my blog wanting, and I hope to always learn new ways to better my writing and my purpose here at Ragamuffin Ramblings.
The 4 reasons my blog sucks are:
- My posts are too long - The ethereal "they" say a post should generally be 500 words or less in order to make it 'scan-able'
- I do not invite engagement - I would be better served to make my blog more controversial, transparent, open-ended, or simply post a question more frequently
- I don't create catchy headlines - "they" say 8 of 10 people read headlines and 2 of 10 people read the rest of the post
- My post is off-brand - This is likely the number one reason my blog sucks. So with that realization I ask for your feedback...
A blog is more useful and engaging if it has a focus and sticks to it. I, on the other hand, write all over the place. I have not honed in on anything with a tighter focus.
YOUR FEEDBACK IS REQUESTED: If you know me well enough or have read enough of my blogs in the past, is there anything you think I should hone in on a bit more?
- What would you come back to this page to see what I've said about it?
- What would you like to see me focus on?
- What would you like me to share with you?
- Perhaps it is a missional or faith challenge through which I could log my experience here.
- Perhaps it is just quips about a specific thing (music, books, people, etc.)